This service will suit you if your plan is to leave Germany and start a new life somewhere else. Though we’re always sad to see a friendly face move away, we’d be happy to help you tie up all the loose ends.
If you are leaving Berlin or Germany, take some or all of the following into consideration:
- Cancelling utilities and services: telephones, internet, electricity, gas, Rundfunkbeitrag
- Ending gym memberships, health insurance, etc.
- Notifying landlords and terminating rental contracts
- Finding new tenants for an existing apartment
- Requesting refunds for unused services
- Finding out about pension refunds
- Address de-registration
- Change of address notification
- Mail forwarding
- Closing bank accounts and transferring balances
- Vehicle de-registration
- Furniture and vehicle sales
We’ll help you write letters, make phone calls, gather documents, and translate correspondence. Keep in mind, you’ll still be waiting for refunds and chasing confirmation letters long after you’ve physically left the country. There may also be mistakes to contend with, so having someone speedy and efficient in Germany to help you through this transition is helpful.