Get your Anmeldung done for your entire family without lifting a finger on the day – book our Red Carpet Registration service and we’ll come straight to your door and make sure it goes smoothly.
All About the Berlin Anmeldung
Registering your address in Berlin (Anmeldung) is an important step, but if you’re getting off the plane and heading straight into your new office, you don’t have the time or the nerves to get it sorted. If you’re bringing the family, it probably feels like a bit of a hurdle. Same goes for changing your address (Ummeldung) within Germany.
If you’re new to Germany, you need to register to get a tax ID number (Steuer-ID-Nummer), which your employer needs, in turn, to set up your salary payments correctly.
Can I send a representative to register my address?
Not many people realise that it’s possible to send a representative to register your address for you and pick up your Anmeldung – yes! – even if it’s your first time registering in Berlin.
Caseworkers in the regular Bürgerämter in Berlin sometimes refuse to register people who send a representative if they are new in town, even if they have a power of attorney with them. Luckily, we have access to and regular contact with a registration office in Berlin (Bürgeramt) dedicated to foreigners, with nice, helpful case workers who will make it work. This office deals with relocation agents directly, not the general public.
Please, take the Anmeldung off my hands entirely
We’ve refined our Red Carpet Registration service so you don’t have to lift a finger on the day.
- We’ll book the appointment on your behalf, taking your criteria into consideration. Unlike the regular Bürgerämter, we can usually schedule an appointment for you and your family within a couple of weeks.
- We’ll complete the paperwork with you on a video call at least a week before your appointment.
- We’ll check everything ahead of time, alert you to any issues you might face (this is particularly relevant if you’re bringing your family or if you’ve lived in Germany before) and suggest solutions.
- On the day, we’ll meet you at your home or office to pick up your original documents.
- We’ll travel to your appointment and make the application on your behalf with a power of attorney while you hold the fort.
- We’ll return all your original documents and the Anmeldung to you on the same working day.
The total cost, including VAT, is 199 EUR for one person, 250 EUR for two people, or 299 EUR for a family (everyone is moving into the same household at the same time).
Book for your whole family (2+ people, everyone moving into the same apartment at the same time)
Leave a Reply