Cancellation conditions vary according to the type of service booked.
Take a Translator (Interpreting)
- Unless otherwise specified when booking, the following applies: if the client cannot attend an appointment or reschedules the appointment, the client has to inform Red Tape Translation at least 1 full working day before the scheduled time of the appointment. The client can then use the pre-booked payment for another appointment.
- If the client fails to inform Red Tape Translation at least 1 full working day before the scheduled appointment, the complete payment will be forfeited.
- Working days are Monday – Friday.
- Some German authorities may request a power of attorney which authorises the interpreter/translator to be present while a case being discussed. In this case, Red Tape Translation will provide the client with a suitable power of attorney. If the client does not sign it, the case worker may refuse to allow the interpreter/translator to attend. In this case, the minimum callout payment won’t be refunded to the client.
- Take a Translator services with cancellation conditions that deviate from these listed below: Take a Translator (interpreting at notary offices). See below.
Take a Translator (Interpreting at notary offices)
Contract read-through appointments at a notary’s office require a large amount of intensive advance preparation. Interpreters don’t just show up on the day and wing it, they have to prepare thoroughly first in advance of your appointment. Interpreters are often booked many weeks in advance. A short-notice change of date or cancellation usually means a complete loss of work for that day. For these reasons, notary appointments have stricter conditions for cancellation or postponement than appointments for everyday matters:
1. If you have to change the date but wish to keep the service:
- If you tell us at least three working days in advance of the original appointment, a change of date fee of 50 EUR applies. There is no further cost to reschedule.
- If you tell us fewer than three working days before the original appointment, you pay the entire cost of the original package for the new appointment date plus 250 EUR to cover loss of work on the day of the original appointment.
2. If you wish to cancel and no longer require the service:
- If you tell us more than 3 working days before the original appointment, Red Tape Translation will stop preparing your documents and retain the deposit you paid.
- If you tell us fewer than 3 working days before the original appointment: Red Tape Translation will stop preparing your documents and retain your deposit. The remaining 50% is also due.
- Appointment booking fees paid are generally non-refundable unless Red Tape Translation cannot provide the service.
- If you ask to cancel an appointment that we have booked you because you can’t attend, and you wish for us to book you a new appointment, you must pay another appointment booking fee.
- To cancel or reschedule a coaching without forfeiting the fee paid, Red Tape Translation UG requires at least 1 full business day’s notice prior to the scheduled coaching.
- If you have booked and paid for a written translation and then decide you no longer need it, please let us know as soon as you can. We will stop working on it. In some cases, we can refund you a percentage of the fee that you paid to complete it depending on our progress. If the translation is complete or near complete, we cannot refund you at all.