For the second year in a row, I’ll be presenting a series of digital workshops as part of THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO RELOCATING TO GERMANY AS A SINGER, hosted by Opera Programs Berlin. This year, we’re diving in even deeper to topics like business and taxes.
Two formidable women in opera head the prestigious Opera Programs Berlin – Julie Wyma and Anastasia Inniss. Julie Wyma is one of the most sensational directors and sensitive, musical singers I have ever had the pleasure of working with (we have previously collaborated on the Elektra Project) and Anastasia Inniss is an inspiring and multi-faceted musician and businesswoman. The two of them are a dream team, and the three of us clicked instantly and began to chat and dream and rave about how we could make life easier for opera singers forging their careers in Germany.
Opera Programs Berlin is thriving under the leadership of Wyma and Inniss. My contribution to the COMPLETE GUIDE TO RELOCATING TO GERMANY AS A SINGER is more operational than operatic. I’ll be talking participants through the practicalities and (surprise surprise) the red tape of moving to Germany as a musician. On three evenings in October, I’ll be presenting online workshops on:
- visas and immigration – options for how to stay in Germany legally
- what to bring and what to expect in Ausländerbehörde (immigration office) appointments
- types of singing work – fest, guest, freelance, & everything in between
- insurance – what it all means and what to get
- bank accounts – choosing what’s right for you
- pension, taxes & financial planning for freelance and employed singers
- finding an apartment – having success and avoiding scams
- setting up utilities and registering your residence
… and plenty more.
October 18, 2022, 19:00-20:30 CET (Berlin)
All Things German Immigration – Structure, Law, Bureaucracy & Resources
October 20, 2022, 19:00-20:30 CET (Berlin)
Working as a Musician in Germany, the Practical Side – Registration, Insurance, Finding an Apartment, Moving with a Family
October 21, 2022, 19:00-20:30 CET (Berlin)
Taxes & Financial Planning
This is a sensational resource for singers planning the big move. Find out more about the program and register to attend – I look forward to seeing you there!
Leave a Reply